[Zope-dev] Only using ZODB, not Zope Re: New Proposal: PersistentBlob

John D. Heintz jheintz@isogen.com
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 11:06:14 -0500

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the pointer.  I briefly looked at this Product and the
CVSMixin Product as well, but have one requirement that unfortunately I
_didn't_ explain clearly in my proposal.

I am not using Zope, only the ZODB so a Zope Product will not help me.

My first goal with the proposal was to get feedback on if my idea is
correct and what implementation problems could occur, i.e. transactions
and file locking.

My second goal is to inspire someone to implement it and merge it into
the official ZODB.  I think that the idea has enough merit and could be
useful for a large number of applications.

We might have the time and need to implement PersistentBlob ourselves,
but I can't say for sure now.

Thanks all,
John

--