[Zope-dev] Page Templates: Any plan how to use PT's for I18n and browser dependant templates etc?

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 14:27:07 -0500

From: "Johan Carlsson" <johanc@torped.se>
> As fas as I can see the METAL definitions are inside the template.
> That would mean one would some external service to route it
> to the correct template.
>
> For instance:
>
> use-macro="portalskins/macros/useme"
>
> portalskin in this case would return a template based
> on the HTTP_USER_AGENT, REQUEST.portal_skin and
> HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE (and others of course).

Sounds good to me!

> How would this effect the page cooking and template cache?

Cooking isn't affected.  You would naturally want to make your cache
sensitive to the same REQUEST parameters as the switching script.

> PS. Page Templates are great but I have yet to figure out
> how to use them with the "Content is folderish" pattern.

You can acquire a template into a content folder, then use "here/" paths to
access bits of content.  Is that the sort of thing you mean?

Cheers,

Evan @ digicool & 4-am