[Zope-dev] DBObjects 1.0 and Demos for Proiektor & ZQuest released

ender kthangavelu@earthlink.net
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 04:42:45 -0700

hi,

this seems pretty cool, and i'd like to thank stephen and iuveno for
releasing it, but the release seems pretty half-baked.

the website
1. dbobjects demo is not existent
2. the documentation for projektor is password protected
3. there are no downloads apparent for anything but dbobjects

dbobjects distro
1. no __init__.py, hence not usable in zope without guessing your own.
2. the DBFolderishObject references a SQLTools module that is not present
   - it does not seem to use this so i just removed the reference.

documentation
1. it should be explicitly stated that these are for subclassing in python
and the name restrictions imposed.

dbobjects arch
1. no use of volatile variables to minimize read/writes to db.
2. the use of exec can lead to only sorts of ref count problems, using
of __imp__  (or imp) would probably be better.

hopefully some of the above can be fixed, and then i'm sure these products
will see some use in the zope community.

cheers

kapil