[Zope-dev] Cause for Zope 2.3.1 hang-ups found

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Mon, 09 Apr 2001 02:00:17 -0500

>What leads you to believe that cst 0.7 causes a hangup?

because I noticed that all instances of 2.3.1 work just fine. Then I ran
wget with 100 threads on our products site and nothing happened, except I
did not test the Proiektor demo, which uses the session management.
Furthermore, I knew it could not be DBObjects or some other products, since
the same happened to Joachim, and he used only the CoreSessionTracker and
TransparentFolder (which we use everywhere --> BTW, Transparent Folders
works well and should go into 1.0.0).

>Relatedly, how did 0.8 not work out of the box, and what
>changes did you make that allowed it to work for you?
Okay, I am testing right now, but I think the CoreSessionTracker (CST) 0.8
has many problems.
I made the following changes:
SessionDataManager.py line 404:
1. getattr was called without checking whether the attribute really exists,
so I put the following:
         if hasattr(self, name):
             f = getattr(self, name)

SessionIdManager.py line 242:
2. this line returns sometimes a dictionary and sometimes a list, so I
added the following to take care of the problem for now:
         if type(ns).__name__ == 'dictionary':
             ns = ns.values()

Now, I wrote the following script:
<dtml-var standard_html_header>
   Hello
   <dtml-let data="session.getSessionData()">
     <dtml-if "data.has_key('test')">
       <dtml-call "data.get('test')">
     </dtml-if>
     <dtml-call "data.set('test', 'hello')">
     <dtml-call "data.get('test')">
   </dtml-let>
<dtml-var standard_html_footer>

THIS RESTARTS ZOPE!!!

I am trying to find the code piece which does that now.... I will write
another mail later...

Regards,
Stephan

--