[Zope-dev] Zope options order sensitive

Chris Gray cpgray@library.uwaterloo.ca
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 16:21:28 -0400 (EDT)

The example was fictional; the ips and ports have been changed to protect
the guilty.  I'm more interested in just understanding how the code works.

It just struck me that given the way the server_info function works in
z2.py that you could get a situation where you meant to have zope
listening on only one address (specified with an -a option), but if
options for particular ports are specified for a server, it will listen to
that port for all addresses.  An -a will have no effect on what is set by
-m, -w, -W, -f, or -P if -a appears on the command line after them.

./start -f 21 -a special.zope.ip

will set Zope listening only on the ip address special.zope.ip except it
will be listening at _all_ addresses on the machine for ftp requests on
port 21, which might not be the result the user intended.  It is not the
same as:

./start -f special.zope.ip:21 -a special.zope.ip

Chris