[Zope-dev] Call me stupid (login form Howto & other Q)

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 21:36:53 +0200 (CEST)

Romain Slootmaekers writes:
 > I have a logon form with user & passwd,
 > but what do have to do after the user has submitted this?
In order to use your own login form, you cannot use
HTTP basic authentication (Zope's default and
what the standard user folder supports).

You need to use a cookie based authentication.
There are several products (--> Zope.org) for this:

  * we use quite successfully GUF (Generic User Folder)
  * LoginManager is more modern (and a replacement for GUF)
  * Shane's Cookie Crumbler (part of CMF) can turn
    a cookie value into a "_auth" request variable
    that looks like being created for basic
    authentication and can therefore work with
    the standard Zope user folder
  * there are lots of furhter options
    one would be to make your own "UserFolder"
    object.

Dieter