[Zope-dev] ZPatterns AttributeProvider question

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 11:42:12 -0500

At 03:07 PM 4/22/01 +0100, Steve Alexander wrote:

>   As a simpler workaround, you can use
>your_object.commitSubtransaction() instead of redirecting to a new page.

Um, this shouldn't be the issue here.  _SetAttributeFor() should be called
when the attribute is set; it's not transaction-driven.  Something weird is
happening with Christian's situation that I haven't investigated yet.

>   You really should be able to create a new object and set its
>attributes in the same transaction. The status of the object (_v_status
>in DataSkin.py) will be ChangedStatus, if you're adding and changing in
>the same transaction. That's a good place to look for where the problem is.

Actually, the status should be AddedStatus, and it should stay that way
throughout the transaction, unless the object gets deleted in the same
transaction.