[Zope-dev] why is this more efficient

Tim McLaughlin tim@BCSWebservices.net
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 12:43:26 -0400

Found this in the constructor for the File Product and I don't understand
why it is more efficient.  (I want to subclass a File, so this does have
some purpose ;-))  Anybody got any ideas?

    # First, we create the file without data:
    self._setObject(id, File(id,title,'',content_type, precondition))

    # Now we "upload" the data.  By doing this in two steps, we
    # can use a database trick to make the upload more efficient.
    self._getOb(id).manage_upload(file)

Tim McLaughlin                     		BCSwebservices.net
Director, Technical Group            	1950 Old Gallows Road
tel:  (703) 790.8081 x111		Suite 201
tim@bcswebservices.net		Vienna, VA 22182
www .bcswebservices. net