[Zope-dev] ZPatterns Rack question..

Christian Scholz cs@comlounge.net
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 18:00:17 +0200

Hi!

First of all one note to the sql attribute provider: My problem seems to be solved
now. Actually it was quite easy.. dunno why it took the long way.. thanks anyway
to Phillip and Steve!

But I have another problem now: I have some rack with persistent objects in it.
Now I want to migrate my site to production. Problem: If I do this more often
and the objects are within some Rack, then also these get copied to the production
site and the old objects will get deleted there.

Is there any way to first backup the contents of some rack? Or do I need to
construct it all as external storage? (basically most things are in an sql
db already, I just put image data etc. into the rack directly as I don't need
relational access to it..)

Actually I know how to read the objects from the BTree but I dunno how to
store them again into another rack (which has the same storage attribs of
course). Can I simply use _setRack()? I guess not, eh? :)

Thanks for any hints in advance!

regards,
  Christian

--