[Zope-dev] SOAP support: request for comments

Brian Lloyd brian.lloyd@zope.com
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 15:02:47 -0400

> (Brian blathered:)
> I will volunteer to start a separate proposal to try to combine
> the current SOAP proposals with my own biased agenda :) This is
> something that will _really_ require a group of people who care
> to pay attention and provide feedback (especially on the use
> cases, though I'll volunteer to make the best start I can).

Ok, I've finished a whack at a proposal, for those interested:

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/WebServicesForZope

I'm pretty sure the most controversial part will be my stance on
automagically exposing everything via SOAP the way we do now
with xml-rpc :^) I have my fire-retardant skivvies on, so let
me know what you think and let's make hashing that out the
first order of business :^)

Brian Lloyd        brian@zope.com
Zope Corporation   www.zope.com