[Zope-dev] ComponentArchitecture thoughts

Tim McLaughlin tim@iterationzero.com
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 06:43:00 -0400

I listened in on the chat regarding this and although I think the idea has
merit, I'm not sure that it is vitally important right now.  It could too
quickly turn into a lot of burned time with nothing to show for it.

Right now, I think that 2 things could flatten the curve for new developers
that are more accessible:
1.  Rewrite ZClasses.  This is currently an ominous threat that could break
much backwards compatibility.  Many ZCers want this to happen too.  So let's
make it happen now, and break less rather than more.
2.  Simplify the security model more, if possible :)  I know, it's been
done, but it's still not easy.

Sincerely,
Tim McLaughlin/tmclaugh

PS.  of course I have no say in this... but ZC - you asked :)