[Zope-dev] In-memory persistence of non-serializable objects?

Michael Strasser M.Strasser@myrealbox.com
Mon, 06 Aug 2001 20:18:25 +1000

I want to create a Zope object that can keep non-serializable objects
(specifically sockets) in memory between requests.

The idea is (in its simplest form):

* On first request to the object a socket is opened and stored.
* On subsequent requests the same socket is used. If one of these
  requests is to close the socket it is closed. If the socket has
  been closed by the other end an error is returned.

I haven't found information about in-memory persistence of Zope objects and
non-serializable objects can't be stored in ZODB. Have I missed something
obvious?

Thanks in advance.

--
Michael Strasser