[Zope-dev] Weird ConflictErrors on startup

Mon, 06 Aug 2001 17:10:35 +0100

On Mon, 06 Aug 2001 12:52:12 +0100, Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to move a project from Zope 2.3.2 to Zope 2.4.0.
>
>Once I move to 2.4.0, I get lots of the following errors on startup:

>ConflictError: ('\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00', =
'\x03>9\xad\xbf;\xcbD')

>I'd love to know what's going on here but I'm completely stumped...

I think Ive seen this before, when Product initialization modifies a
persistent object, then causes an exception (ImportError, or
whatever). You see these ConflictErrors if a subsequent Product
initialization also modifies a persistent object.

I guess the transaction in which that first product was initialized
was not correctly aborted.=20

Ive not looked at this in detail, since its only a problem if you have
broken products. My priority has always been to unbreak them....

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com