[Zope-dev] Problem with StructuredText and expandtabs

Bill Anderson anderson@hp.com
06 Aug 2001 14:59:01 -0600

Not being sure where to send this.... here it is.

I am trying to use StructuredText outside Zope. I can import it fine,
but when I try to use it I get:

======================================
>>> st=StructuredText.Basic(raw)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "ST.py", line 113, in StructuredText
    paragraphs = expandtabs(paragraphs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.1/string.py", line 295, in expandtabs
    return s.expandtabs(tabsize)
AttributeError: expandtabs

I get this on Python 2.1, using the StructuredText from Zope 2.4.0. I
have done this on two separate systems now. If anyone has any ideas or
workarounds, I'd appreciate it. Also, if anyone can test it against a
python 1.5 system, that may be helpful (I've migrated to 2.1 ... pn all
available machines).

Bill Anderson