[Zope-dev] Problem with StructuredText and expandtabs

Bill Anderson anderson@hp.com
07 Aug 2001 17:26:13 -0600

On 07 Aug 2001 19:29:36 +0200, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Bill Anderson writes:
>  > I am trying to use StructuredText outside Zope. I can import it fine,
>  > but when I try to use it I get:
>  >
>  > ======================================
>  > >>> st=StructuredText.Basic(raw)
>  > Traceback (most recent call last):
>  >   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>  >   File "ST.py", line 113, in StructuredText
>  >     paragraphs = expandtabs(paragraphs)
>  >   File "/usr/lib/python2.1/string.py", line 295, in expandtabs
>  >     return s.expandtabs(tabsize)
>  > AttributeError: expandtabs
> Apparently, your "s" is not a string...

That is what I was concluding, the question is, Why not? I took my
structured text file from a zope (CMF) document from the same machine,
where it works fine. The issue _seems_ to me to be that
it works fine from withni Zope, but not from without. Same Zope machine,
same Zope code, same structured text. :(

Bill