[Zope-dev] Searchable zope-dev archives?

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Thu, 09 Aug 2001 23:06:38 +0100

David Thibault wrote:
 > Hello all,
 >
 > Is there a search interface somewhere to the zope-dev archives?  If
 > not,  it would strike me as strange, given Zope's intrinsic
 > cataloguing  features...=)

I sometimes use the NIP searchable archives, but more often I just grep
the messages downloaded from the archive pages.

There have been experiments in using Zope to store searchable mail
archives, some more successful than others. The big problem is in
However, the existing searchable archives work well enough, and I guess
no one has had the time and inclination to push a Zope solution.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer