[Zope-dev] Problem getting to my variables

vio vmilitaru@sympatico.ca
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 16:09:19 -0500

Newbie question: What's the syntax for accessing a variable in one method from another. Say the two methods:

def manage_addFoo(self, id, title, REQUEST=None):
    A_folder = getattr(base_folder,someID)

def manage_addBar(self, id, REQUEST=None):
    manage_addFoo.A_folder._setObject(id, BarObject)

In the second method I simply want to add an object to A_folder which is defined in the first method. I would like to know what's the correct syntax (obviously my line 4 is wrong). And I don't want to use 'return A_folder' in manage_addFoo because it defines many such variables, each accessed by different other methods. I just want to selectively get at some specific variable.

Regards,
Vio