[Zope-dev] Re: Zope-Dev digest, Vol 1 #1267 - 9 msgs

Ken Manheimer klm@zope.com
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 16:27:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, Tino Wildenhain wrote:

> may be I'm doing something really wrong, but after checkout (without
> problems) if I import into my local repository I get:
> "cvs server: Attempt to add reserved tag name HEAD"
> for each file. This did not happen before.
> I'm using:
> cvs import -m "Import Current Zope" Zope MAIN HEAD
>
> At least it sems to work.

I'm not well acquainted with 'cvs import', but it sounds pretty clearly
like you're not allowed to explicitly designate "HEAD" as an import
branch. (You could test that by trying to do an import of some small,
non-zope test thing.)  I would recommend trying something other than
"HEAD" as the branch tag, but i don't know enough about the way import is
used.  In any case, it really doesn't sound like the Zope CVS repository
is the problem, here.

Ken
klm@zope.com