[Zope-dev] Request For Comments: SecurityJihad

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 01:11:48 -0400 (EDT)

On 13 Aug 2001, Michael R. Bernstein wrote:
> So, if you switched to the new base classes, you could then eliminate
> security.setDefaultAccess("deny") from your class, but otherwise there
> would be no other change.

The other problem with new base classes is that it wouldn't be
enough to have Item and SimpleItem.  Other Zope classes that
one might want to subclass (Folder comes to mind) use
these as base classes, so you'd have to have new versions of
*those* as well.

I like the modified version of your proposal.  As a Product
author I'd very much like to have the ability to get the
security implementation to be consistent and follow the "default
deny" rule correctly.

--RDM