[Zope-dev] Re: Zope CVS in a bad state?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 14:26:24 +0200 (CEST)

Last week, I reported about inconsistencies with the Zope CVS.

With Ken's help, I could find out that my problems have not
been caused by the Zope CVS but by my local configuration:

  I had an entry for "cvs.zope.org" in my "hosts" file.

  While "cvs" looked there to resolve the host into
  an internet address, "nslookup" bypassed the hosts file
  and directly contacted the DNS server.
  Therefore, I did not detect that I had a stale internet
  address for "cvs.zope.org" and got an old
  and inconsistent checkout as a consequence.

Thank you, Ken, for your assistance!

Dieter