[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] select.error: (4, 'Interrupted system call')

Thu, 16 Aug 2001 17:53:00 +0100

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001 12:34:58 -0400, John Ziniti
<jziniti@speakeasy.org> wrote:

>I moved zopeinstancehome and I am starting Zope with a
>clean Data.fs and no Products.  This version seems to
>be more stable.  I'm going to slowly add in Products=20
>until I can crash it again and I'll try to post any
>results later ...

Zope isnt 'crashing' here.... EINTR is an error that select can return
under normal operation. The catch-and-retry is what asyncore *should*
be doing - not a hack to cover up the problem.

Ive been doing some CVS archeology.... it looks like this was fixed in
Zope's own version of asyncore.py in revision 1.13 by jim, and I guess
the fix never made it into the standard python version (I havent
checked, but I assume thats what you are using...)

John; Could you put this in the collector....

>Adding the try/except "helps" ... some print's lead me=20
>to belive that the error is actually EWOULDBLOCK and not=20
>EINTR.

Hmmmm. I dont think you we expect that from select. Any posix gurus
listening?

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com