[Zope-dev] Efficient and flexible object references

Gary & Karyn Gary & Karyn" <garykaryn@earthlink.net
Sun, 19 Aug 2001 00:28:34 -0400

Michael and Robert--thank you very much.  The global id looks like an
excellent avenue to explore.  With this or the ZPatterns approach, I am much
relieved: what I need should fit within Zope well enough after all, thanks
to your ideas.

Michael, I also found the old thread you pointed to very interesting.   It
surprises me that this hasn't been dealt with officially yet, with concerns
and discussion from that far back.  The XLink looks like it is still being
worked on, but the speed warnings for the overall XML support turned me off
a bit, and makes it seem that this, at least in its current incarnation, is
not the optimum solution to my exact kind of problem...

Thank you again!

Gary