[Zope-dev] listing on download.com

David Lutz david@micro-mastery.com
Sun, 19 Aug 2001 16:16:54 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 17 Aug 2001, Andrew Jackson wrote:

> I think someone should submit zope to download.com -
> it's not a search engine - if you aren't on it, you
> don't really exist as a piece of software and it's not
> just for windows software. Apache, python, php etc.
> are all on there, but a search for 'zope' yields
> nothing.

I did a search and it came up with:
-------------
Company:    Zope.org
Version:    2.1.1
Date added: December 7, 1999
File size:  2.3MB
Downloads:  676
License:    Free

Minimum requirements: Unix or Linux

...which is arguably worse than having nothing there at all?

>From their website:
"Minimum requirements for submitting software titles to CNET Networks:

To submit a title, you must be the developer or publisher or an authorized
agent of the software."

So an employee of ZopeCorp should be the one to do it.

David.