[Zope-dev] ExtensionClass is not of type Class?!

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 10:28:28 +0100

Hi,

I guess I'm doing something wrong here trying to write tests for Squishdot:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "testSquishfile.py", line 16, in testAddFile
    assert isinstance(theFile,Squishfile)
TypeError: isinstance() arg 2 must be a class or type

Given the above, I put a "print Squishfile" in the line above the assert, it
gave:

<extension class Products.Squishdot.Squishfile.Squishfile at 010ABC48>

So are extension classes not usuable with isinstance?

If not, what should I be doing to check I'm creating an object of the right
type?
If they are usuable, then what am I doing wrong?

cheers,

Chris