[Zope-dev] Adding a Date Property to a Z-Class

Matthew Anderson matthew.anderson@ftech.net
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:03:22 +0100

Hi there,

I'm a bit out of my depth here but I have a problem and I'm hoping someone
can help...

I created a simple product containing a Z-Class with various properties
(along the lines of the Beehive tutorial).  I then created both management
interface and web based forms for creating instances of this Z-Class.
It works great...but I would now like to add a date property to the Z-Class
- so that I can conduct searches of all the Z-Class instances by date.  In
order to add the date property to the Z-Class I had to include a default
value in the property sheet - no problem there.  However when I come to add
an instance through my web based forms I get the following error:

Error type: Invalid Date-Time String
Error value:
The date value from my form is passed as a hidden field with the following:
value = "<dtml-var expr="_.DateTime().Date()">" which I believe to be a
valid format.
I have a feeling what is happening is that the date value is simply not
reaching the object manager when I create the Z-Class instance - it is
created as follows:
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('PostingNo.',REQUEST.form['new_PostingNo.'])">
  <dtml-with "manage_addProduct['portal_posting']">
    <dtml-call "posting_class_add(_.None,_, NoRedir=1)">
  </dtml-with>

  <dtml-in "objectValues(['posting'])">
   <dtml-if "(_['sequence-item'].id == REQUEST.form['new_PostingNo.'])">
    <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('our_posting',_['sequence-item'])">
   </dtml-if>
  </dtml-in>

  <dtml-call
"_['our_posting'].propertysheets.posting_description.manage_changeProperties
({
     'Author'              :REQUEST.form['new_Author'],
     'Title'                 :REQUEST.form['new_Title'],
     'Topic'               :REQUEST.form['new_Topic'],
     'Lead'                :REQUEST.form['new_Lead'],
     'Body'               :REQUEST.form['new_Body'],
     'Date'                :REQUEST.form['new_Date']
  })">

It's probably worth pointing out that I can add instances (complete with a
date property) through the management interface forms. Any ideas on how I
could get the Date value to be passed through web based forms would be
greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Matt
--
Matthew Anderson - Web Designer - Frontier Internet Services Limited
Tel: 029 20 820 019   Fax: 029 20 820 037   http://www.frontier.net.uk