[Zope-dev] What can cause an InvalidObjectReference?

kosh kosh@aesaeion.com
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 23:21:54 -0600

When a product I have was stuck on a windows server this seems to happen =
a=20
lot. On the unix servers I have been running the product on normally this=
=20
seems to happen about once/week under pretty heavy usage.

This is the error message
Error Type: InvalidObjectReference
Error Value: Attempt to store an object from a foreign database connectio=

This is the traceback for it
Traceback (innermost last):
  File D:\ZOPE1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 223, in publish_mo=
dule
  File D:\ZOPE1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 187, in publish
  File D:\ZOPE1\lib\python\Zope\__init__.py, line 221, in=20
zpublisher_exception_hook
  File D:\ZOPE1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 175, in publish
  File D:\ZOPE1\lib\python\Zope\__init__.py, line 235, in commit
  File D:\ZOPE1\lib\python\ZODB\Transaction.py, line 300, in commit
  File D:\ZOPE1\lib\python\ZODB\Connection.py, line 375, in commit
    (Info: (('Products.CompoundDoc.inputtext', 'InputText'),=20
'\000\000\000\000\000\000-t', ''))
InvalidObjectReference: (see above)

I am mostly wondering what kinds of things in my code could cause this=20
problem. Mostly I need a place to start to try and debug this.

The "fix" I have normally used is that if I hit refresh the problem will =
go=20
away until it happens again. It just allows you to keep working with it a=
gain=20
until whatever it is that causes it causes it again. I hope that helps so=
me=20
also.

Thanks
Kosh