[Zope-dev] What can cause an InvalidObjectReference?

kosh kosh@aesaeion.com
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 11:57:13 -0600

On Friday 24 August 2001 11:37 am, Chris McDonough wrote:
> Hmm.. of course this is one of those problems that we can't fix without
> replicating it and it doesn't sound terribly replicable at the moment.

Yeah this is the part about the whole thing that pretty much bites. It is=
=20
hard to debug since I haven't found a way to cause it every time. What I =
was=20
hoping for what some ideas on what kinds of things could possibly cause=20
something like this and I could examine my code for them and thus try to=20
narrow it down until I could get a good test case. Overall this is very=20
annoying since it only has minor problems on a unix box and the problem h=
as=20
gotten rarer as I have rewritten some things, however on windows it seems=
 to=20
be happening about 80% or more of the time now. It is certainly a very=20
strange thing to have happen.

> - C
>
> kosh wrote:
> > On Friday 24 August 2001 06:38 am, Chris McDonough wrote:
> > > This will happen if yoiu've got a mounted ZODB database, and you
> > > attempt to store an object in the mounted database which has refere=
nces
> > > to other objects in the "main" database (or vice versa).
> > >
> > > For more info, read the docs that ship with CoreSessionTracking.
> > >
> > > - C

<snip>