[Zope-dev] xml-rpc/soap errors

Tue, 28 Aug 2001 12:44:14 +0100

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001 15:32:47 -0700, "Andy McKay"
<andym@ActiveState.com> wrote:

>Anyone got an elegant way of catching xml-rpc/soap errors so that they =
dont
>go to standard_error_message and return a whole bunch of html to the =
client
>as the error value?

I agree in principal that the output of standard_error_message
shouldnt be sent directly back in the xml-rpc response, however it
probably is appropriate that standard_error_message is involved
somehow so that it can perform error logging.

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001 09:11:43 +0100, Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com>
wrote:

>make standard_error_message a python script which only renders a =
template in a
>given set of circumstances?

Suprisingly you cant to this; in the current implementation
standard_error_message *must* be a DTMLMethod derived class. (of
course, it can be a dtml one-liner redirecting to the real logic in a
PythonMethod, or whatever)

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com