[Zope-dev] Zope 2.3 and MySQL problems

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Tue, 04 Dec 2001 16:44:25 -0500

Radu Buzea wrote:

>I have a problem with a Zope 2.3.0 (source release, Python 1.5.2 [GCC 2.96
>20000731 (experimental)]) on Linux and MySQL.
>
>I'm using ZMySQLDA to connect to a MySQL database. I use a single database
>table (witch has over 3500 records right now). There are over 1000 records
>posted every day. The server is an AMD at 250 Mhz with 64 MB RAM. This
>server was on-line since April 2001 without any problems but for 3 days ago,
>when I started to use the MySQL database, the server stops sometimes
>(crash!!!).
>
>Anybody can give me some suggestions ore some explanations. What can be
>wrong?
>Thanks!
>
>Radu Buzea
>(radu@rospotline.com)

Hi Radu,

This seems to be a common problem ... I don't know if its Zope or the
MySQL adapter that's crashing.  However, a large percentage of the
people who are reporting these mysterious crashes are using Zope and
MySQL together.

I am personally suspicious that they may be using a precompiled MySQL
adapter that doesn't match the python they are using -- because of
differences in the base object or type fields.