[Zope-dev] Open Letters and Zope 3

Paul Everitt paul@zope.com
Tue, 04 Dec 2001 17:52:34 -0500

Matt Behrens wrote:

> Shane Hathaway wrote:
>> Again, this is all quite exciting and I hope you can join the action.
>
> I hope to.  Who's in charge of packaging and installation?  I see an
> opportunity to do it right this time, I hope I'm not too late to the party.

I think this is an excellent area to bring in community members and let
them have some ownership.  There are a number of interesting initiatives
out there -- in no particular order, Andy McKay, Andrew Milton, Adrian
Hungate, Kapil Thangavelu, and Amos Latteier.

We're interested in bringing more people into the core and giving them
room to make decisions and have influence.  It's an important lesson
from the discussions over the last few days -- we don't scale that well
and we need more leadership in the core.

Thus, I'm looking for a couple of people willing to shepherd areas such
as packaging and make a serious commitment for a fair duration.

--Paul