[Zope-dev] My thoughts on the development process

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 05 Dec 2001 09:32:49 +0000

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> a mailing list, are needed at least to get contributors going. I had
> to ask about releasing ParsedXML several times until I got some kind of
> 'aye' out of anyone. And it still wasn't clear. I shouldn't have to
> be that persistent.

Well, and now I'm being devils advocate, this is Open Source. "Just do it" (now
where have I heard that before ;-)
If you do it wrong, whatever that means, someone will let you know, but you're
not breaking any lawas and activity, as you've shown with ParsedXML, is always
better than inactivity :-)

> Anyway, I'm not really complaining about ZC; I have a lot of
> admiration for what you're doing and the steps you've already taken are
> not mere baby steps at all from my perspective.

+5

It feels like Zope's had a huge shot in the arm in the last few days, so I guess
we need to send AKM some beer... ;-)

cheers,

Chris