[Zope-dev] Zope server speed

Matt Hamilton matth@netsight.co.uk
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 14:15:18 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, MANOTTI Alessandro wrote:

> > I used Zope with DCOracle2 drivers to connect and extract 257000 (yes! it
> > is a test... two hundred fiftyseven thousand records!) and Zope took more
> > than 10 minutes, since I stopped it after that time (call SQL and print
> > data via <dtml-var ... > TAG).

That is quite a lot of records :)  Out of interest, why test pulling out
that many records?  Does your application need to return that many records
to the user?  Can calculations be done in a stored procedure or something.
I've never tried doing anything like this, so I don't really know what I'm
talking about :) however I would have thought that it doesn't sound like a
particularly realistic test (not that I know what your application does).

I wonder how fast Zope is compared to CF in doing, say, 1000 repeat
requests each of, say, 1000 records.

-Matt

--
Matt Hamilton                                         matth@netsight.co.uk
Netsight Internet Solutions, Ltd.          Business Vision on the Internet