[Zope-dev] User Groups

brian.r.brinegar.1 brinegar@purdue.edu
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 13:43:45 -0500 (EST)

I've found that it would be very useful to be able to define groups of
users and then grant a local role to that group rather than individual
users.

For example we have multiple groups working together on our Zope
installation and there are certian objects my group may want to share with
another group. We can grant all the members of that group permission,
however if they hire someone new they have to notify the maintainers of
every object their group has access to.

Are there plans for anything to solve this problem?

The idea implementation I see would be a centralized group management
system (maybe in the control panel) and then ability to grant roles to the
group. But this would require changing core pieces of Zope. Any ideas on
implementation?

--Brian Brinegar
  ECN Web Technician
  MSEE 104 A 494-3106