[Zope-dev] Actually, we use a lot of Scripts (Python)

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leo@hiper.com.br
18 Dec 2001 14:44:04 -0200

On Tue, 2001-12-18 at 14:25, Matthew T. Kromer wrote:
> [...]
> Keep in mind that the leaks you may experience are directly related to
> what code you run, and whether or not they introduce cycles.   Some of
> the restricted python compiler code did/does create cycles under the
> assumption that the GC would break them.  But if you dont lean on code
> that uses RestrictedPython too much, you can live with slow leaks elsewhere.

Yes, I understand that, but we use a lot of PythonScripts, mostly as
ZClass methods, and a 1.5GB Data.fs full of ZClass instances. And
ZCatalog, boy do we use ZCatalog. Well, we couldn't live with a 1.5GB
full of ZClass instances if we didn't lean heavily against the Catalog,
now could we? :-)

Cheers, Leo

--
Ideas don't stay in some minds very long because they don't like
solitary confinement.