[Zope-dev] Re: Zope 2.4 crashes -- possible fix identified, other solutions also suggested

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 09:25:08 -0500

The new compiler fixes that we have to date are actually in 2.4 branch and
2.5 branch as well as the trunk; they're in the
lib/python/RestrictedPython/compiler directory; so you could go to
http://cvs.zope.org and just pull down that directory (optionally pulling
down your specific branch too).  Pythonlabs is working on a few more cases
which I expect will be done and checked in RSN; then we'll backport those to
the branches so you don't have to install a new python to get the fixes with
Zope.

Anthony Baxter is anticipating a Python 2.1.2 beta real soon now (probably
this weekend) so I am going to try to get that into Zope 2.5's binary
releases, although we may put out a Zope 2.5 beta 3 first.  This will
include the necessary Python patches to ceval.c to fix the frame bug; after
it hits the streets Python 2.1.2 will become our recommended Python for
Zope.

The ExtensionClass.h patch has NOT been merged into the branches and trunk
yet pending further review.