Subject: [Zope-dev] Strange error message: "function attributes not accessible in restricted mode"

Joseph Schlesinger jschlesinger@imeme.net
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 22:18:53 -0800

I get the same error message using the win32 binaries of  Zope 2.4.3, and a
ZPysGreSQLDA to connect with a cygwin version of postgres.

> Message: 13
> From: "Joachim Werner" <joe@iuveno-net.de>
> To: <zope-dev@zope.org>
> Cc: "Stephan Richter" <srichter@iuveno-net.de>
> Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 23:57:50 +0100
> Subject: [Zope-dev] Strange error message: "function attributes not
accessible in restricted mode"

> Hi!
>
> I have two Zope 2.5 b2 installations on two seemingly identical machines,
> both with PostgreSQL, ZPsyCopDA, and DBObjects. In the DBObjects demo, I
am
> getting THIS (see below) on one of the machines (the one with the slightly
> older installation).
>
> Very strange for me. What the hell is "restricted mode"? Something new in
> the RestrictedPython environment? And what could explain the fact that it
> happens on one machine, but not on the other?
>
> Joachim
>

> Zope Error
> Zope has encountered an error while publishing this resource.
>
> Error Type: RuntimeError
> Error Value: function attributes not accessible in restricted mode

> ----
>
> Troubleshooting Suggestions
>
> The URL may be incorrect.
> The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
> A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an error.
> For more detailed information about the error, please refer to the HTML
> source for this page.
>
> If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you for
your
> patience.
>

> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File
/home/ftp/root/kue-projekt/dev_8280/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
> line 158, in publish_module
>   File
/home/ftp/root/kue-projekt/dev_8280/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
> line 119, in publish
>   File /home/ftp/root/kue-projekt/dev_8280/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py,
line
> 158, in zpublisher_exception_hook
>     (Object: test)
>   File
/home/ftp/root/kue-projekt/dev_8280/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
> line 103, in publish
>   File
/home/ftp/root/kue-projekt/dev_8280/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py,
> line 88, in mapply
>     (Object: manage_addForm)
>   File
/home/ftp/root/kue-projekt/dev_8280/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
> line 44, in call_object
>     (Object: manage_addForm)
>   File /home/ftp/root/kue-projekt/dev_8280/lib/python/App/special_dtml.py,
> line 61, in __call__
>     (Object: manage_addForm)
>   File

/home/ftp/root/kue-projekt/dev_8280/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_String.py
> , line 473, in __call__
>     (Object: manage_addForm)
>   File
> /home/ftp/root/kue-projekt/dev_8280/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_In.py,
> line 620, in renderwob
>     (Object:
> getSubObjectClass(subObjectMetaType).dbTable.getAllAttributes())
>   File

/home/ftp/root/kue-projekt/dev_8280/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Util.py,