[Zope-dev] Patch acceptance. What about this one?

Joseph Wayne Norton norton@alum.mit.edu
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 13:45:51 +0900

Adam -

At Thu, 27 Dec 2001 21:42:10 -0500,
Adam Manock wrote:

> It was written against 2.4.1
> I run 2.4.3.
> It would have been really nice if it had been included in Zope 2.4.next......
>
> Hmm, has anything else changed that I need to be aware of before applying
> the patch?

FYI.

I have been using this patch as is up and to including Zope 2.4.3
without any troubles.

> I can't help but wonder why something this simple and useful was not just
> included in
> Zope 2.4.next? It would have saved me and all the poor fools like me so
> much duplicated
> effort...

At the time, I hadn't received any feedback (however, I'm not blaming
anyone). I also never posted this to the collector before.  Should one
of us post this?

Just to be safe ... You shouldn't use this entire patch unless your
server is behind apache or a proxy server and best if protected by a
firewall. It could open a potential security leak if you use the
"domains" field for authentication and the zope server is not
protected by apache.

- joe n.