[Zope-dev] Zope server dies with Netscape's FTP

Pablo Bleyer Kocik pbleyer@embedded.cl
Mon, 05 Feb 2001 00:39:08 -0400

Stephan Richter wrote:

> >     The problem started occurring without debugging turned on, and it didn't
> >happen always. Then I turned debugging on to trace the bug, and it was
> >worst: there were no logs and the server always dies if I exit the console.
> >I am pretty cueless to what is going on...
>
> Well, yes, the server will die when you close the console if you did not
> start it with nohup or some other program that "unbinds" Zope from the
> Shell as a child. Just start Zope with: nohup ./start &
> All messages will be forwarded to nohup.out in your current directory at
> execution time. You can stop the server with ./stop
>
> Regards,
> Stephan

    Hey, I am not _that_ silly ;^). I can exit the shell but I leave Zope working
in the background, of course. Then all works fine until I do an FTP, which hangs
because the server dies.

    Cheers!

--
Pablo Bleyer Kocik |
pbleyer            |"Rintrah roars & shakes his fires in the burdend air;