[Zope-dev] zope and java

Phil Harris phil.harris@zope.co.uk
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 16:26:47 -0000

zope and javaMike,

I posted something on this very subject about a week ago.

see

http://zope.nipltd.com/public/lists/zope-archive.nsf/47ba74c812dbc5dd8025=
687
f0024bb5f/074b7d938531a2fb802569e5003aa756?OpenDocument&Highlight=3D0,jpe

You may need to reassemble the above url.

I'll recap.  There is a piece of software under development called JPE.
This is supposedly going to be or even is a Jave-Python gateway in effect.

It should allow you to use Java classes in Python and Vice-versa.

The original post has more detail.

hth

Phil
phil.harris@zope.co.uk

----- Original Message -----
From: Mike Blake
To: 'zope-dev@zope.org'
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2001 4:16 PM
Subject: [Zope-dev] zope and java

Hi all,
We're considering zope as a front-end publishing and web-app development
solution
for a project which has already developed a complex underlying layer of
servlets for
secure client/server transactions against their "host".
Since we haven't been able to find any add-on products for zope providing=
 an
interface
to java environments, we thought we'd ask:
Can zope work wtih Java yet? If so, please point us in the right directio=
n.
Thanks,
Mike Blake

--
[morcilla@ketden.com chikoon]$ whoami
[whoami] >> Mike Blake >> Web Developer / CellNetwork, Spain