[Zope-dev] ZSQL using LIKE operator

Schmidt, Allen J. aschmidt@nv.cc.va.us
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 07:17:14 -0500

I have been through the docs, searched a variety of locations, and cannot
find anything on how to resolve a query which I need to read:

SELECT * FROM table WHERE keywords LIKE '%keywords_variable%'

<dtml-sqltest> has 'op=like' and when set to 'type=string' produces the LIKE
operation in the query, with single quotes,  but I cannot get it to 'wrap'
the keywords with the percent characters and THEN the single quotes to
produce that which I have in the query above.

Ideally what I need to produce would be the query to search through some
text in several fields by the keyword_variable (IF any keywords are
provided) AND/OR within  a specific category of information. If I can get
the syntax to solve the above situation I think I can get <dtml-sqlgroup> to
sort out what information is provided and construct the query accordingly.

Sorry for the length of this newbie question but I am stumped on this one.
And, so ends my lurking status.

Thanks!
Allen