[Zope-dev] Greedy except clauses

Fri, 09 Feb 2001 14:58:59 +0000

>>> richard@bizarsoftware.com.au wrote
> I've run into several greedy except: clauses now, and have submitted
> patches to make them a little less greedy. Out of curiosity, I searched the
> Zope source for "unfiltered" except: clauses...
> % grep -rl "except:$" . |wc -l
> 102

> ... erk

Erk and a lot. This is a major major pain in the backside - e.g. the
one in MailHost that just eats template rendering errors.

> I'm willing to have a go at cleaning some of those except: clauses up, but
> I can't possibly do 102 of them (I have a product dealine coming up :)

Is it the sort of thing where it's just work putting a list of all of
them (line numbers, &c) up on a web page, maybe crosslinked into cvsweb?
Then people can go and pick them off, one at a time.

Anthony