[Zope-dev] ZSQL using LIKE operator

Jon Franz jfranz@one.net
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 10:57:12 -0500

Usually tag-syntax/usage is discussed more on the basic Zope list,
but to be honest, I've always found the distinctions between the two
blurred:  people who use Zope sometimes post on dev, people who develop
products and/or patches sometimes post on Zope-general, and people
are developing _On_ Zope seem to choose one via the close-my-eyes-and-
point technique.

Also, occasionally a random monkey will Spam one or both lists,
resulting not only in complaints and searches for a collar/muzzle for
the monkey, but the hiding of all bananas in site.

What is worse, though, is when a monkey brings up a licensing
issue/argument/troll on either list - this usually results in the sad
shaking
of heads by all other monkeys viewing the dispute for the umpteenth time,
and
a lot of worthless Spam filling the list as monkeys who should be doing
something useful (coding, bug-finding, and grooming their friends for fleas)

waste effort by arguing the same old arguments first
heard in 3E10 BC when Grog couldn't decide whether to share Fire with
Bant and the rest of the tribe, keep it to himself quietly, or patent it and
one-click shopping.  (He decided inventing the patent office would take too
long...)

Anyway, enough silly humor - I don't think your posts are off-topic,
especially
since the issues raised do end up revealing a deficiency (in my opinion!) in

ZSQLMethods - the legality of unsafe <dtml-var> tags.

<<SNIP Discussion of safe SQL and the <dtml-sqlvar> and <dtml-sqltest> tags