[Zope-dev] Re: ThreadSafeCounter

Morten W. Petersen morten@esol.no
13 Feb 2001 09:05:40 +0100

[Andy McKay]

| I released FSPoll recently and was going to combine the two into one
| FSCountThing with FSPoll and FSCounter subclassing of it, so maybe we could
| co-operate on ThreadSafeCounter and FSCounter?

The ideal solution would be to use an object that lives in the ZODB, I wonder
if there is a way to keep the 'object history' empty?  That is, keeping
the counter 'packed' while retaining 'object history' information on all other
objects.

In any case, I think it's possible to implement a file-locking module,
that locks the file using a .lock extension (writing the pid of the
locking process to that file) or something like that..  Which should
work on Linux and Windows (and most other OS')

Should I toss up a Wiki?

Cheers,

Morten