[Zope-dev] Re: More Feedback on ZDebug and/or Refresh

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 11:12:51 -0500

Chris Withers wrote:

> Shane Hathaway wrote:
> >
> > http://www.zope.org/Members/hathawsh/ZDebug
> > http://www.zope.org/Members/hathawsh/Refresh
>
> Just noticed, since I installed these yesterday, the icon for the Python product
> I'm developing has changed to a ZCatalog icon. I'm using refresh on that product
> a lot adn ZDebug ocassionally.
>
> Given that the icons go back to how they should be when I restart the Zope
> server, it sounds like a Refresh issue. As to why it picks a ZCatalog icon, I
> can onyl guess 'cos the product in question subclasses ZCatalog.

I've improved the display of exceptions.  But before packing up a 0.3.2
I wonder if we can get the icon problem solved.  Theoretically, version
0.3.1 should solve the icon problem (which I've seen before) because of
the module dependency resolution.  Are you doing anything unusual to get
the icon set up?

Oh, here's a hypothesis... if, in __init__.py, you use "import" within
the initialize() method rather than at module scope, Refresh can't
detect the module dependency correctly.

Shane