[Zope-dev] Transactions on binary files?

Chris Maresca ckm@crust.net
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 11:51:09 -0800 (PST)

All,

I've got a Zope 2.3 server that's being used as a file server through
webdav.  It seems to work fine and I'm working on extending it through
hookable_put.

I've notice some strange behavior in the transactions when trying to
'undo' binary files upload through webdav.  It throws an error and does
not seem to undo anything...

The error is:

<!--
Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 222,
in publish_module
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 187,
in publish
  File /usr/share/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 221, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: test.doc)
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 171,
in publish
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 160, in
mapply
    (Object: manage_undo_transactions)
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 112,
in call_object
    (Object: manage_undo_transactions)
  File /usr/share/zope/lib/python/App/Undo.py, line 175, in
manage_undo_transactions
    (Object: test.doc)
  File /usr/share/zope/lib/python/ZODB/DB.py, line 571, in undo
  File /usr/share/zope/lib/python/ZODB/FileStorage.py, line 831, in undo
    (Object: /var/zope/var/Data.fs)
UndoError: (see above)

-->

There's nothing in here that suggests that the problem lies in the binary
nature of the files, but I don't understand enough about ZODB to grok
what's happening.

I'm planning on moving the storage of these upload files to the filesystem
soon, since I want to keep ZODB small.  Perhaps this would fix the
problem?

Thx in advance.

Chris.

--
chris maresca
      internet systems architect -- www.chrismaresca.com

"linux, only up 42 days, because a new electrical circuit was added..."