[Zope-dev] RE: [Zope] Newcomer

Andy McKay andym@ActiveState.com
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 14:07:11 -0800

> The person who introduced me to Zope said that there was a Python runtime
> version that could run bytecode in a page using the JVM in a browser. So I
> need to know if this is true, and how to set it up.

Sorry I couldn't really tell you. I've never used it myself.

> > Uggh Visual FoxPro? Don't use foxpro
>
> Well I wish I had have known that 4.5 years ago. Microsoft sold me a piece
> of junk with really slick advertising. At that time it was the only tool I
> knew of that was capable of cross-platform (PC-MAC) application
development.
> I did not know that the RAD they promised was almost completely negated by
> the abysmal documentation, bugs, errors; I also did not know that they
were
> dropping Mac support. Sigh. Those issues aside, I have enjoyed VFP; it has
> been my introduction to OOP and we do have a marketable product. The goal
> now is to re-engineer the application for the Web using (I presume) Zope,
> Python, and mySQL.

Well if that's the case so be it. I've never used it so again if its got
ODBC problems I could really tell you where to look.

> > what ODBC product are you using.
>
> "Zope ODBC Database Adapter 3.1.0b2 (Development)  1999/09/03"

Hmm thats the same one Im using. Well Im stumped. Sorry it was a while ago
and I cant seem to remember what your actual problem was...

--
  Andy McKay.