[Zope-dev] Python Product as DataSkin

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 09:21:37 +0000

Michael R. Bernstein wrote:

>> In Zope 2.3) it is aliased to Globals.InitializeClass.
>
> So, if I'm developing this on 2.2, I need to use
> Globals.default__class_init__(FooClass) instead of
> Globals.InitializeClass(FooClass)?

Yes. At least, using default__class_init__ will work on Zope 2.2 and 2.3.
I don't know whether InitializeClass is in Zope 2.2, but it is definitely in Zope 2.3.

>> Use it by having
>>
>>   import Globals
>>
>> somewhere in your class definition,
>
> If 'import Globals' appears at the start of the FooClass.py
> file, does it still need to appear in the class definition
> itself?

Sorry -- my imprecise language!
"import Globals" needs to be in the .py file that your
class is defined in, at the module level of indentation.
You're importing Globals so that you can use it in the
module rather than in the Class definition.

>>   Globals.InitializeClass(YourClassName)
>>
>> at the end.
>

> At the end on the file, or the end of the class definition?

After the class definition, so, qiute probably at the end of the file.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer