[Zope-dev] Python Scripts Bug & Question

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 14:16:57 +0000

Evan Simpson wrote:

> From: Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com>
> > Cool :-) And even though I pass it in as _, it'll get bound to whatever is
> > specified on the bindings tab, right?
>
> Nope.  If you called it "fred" on the bindings tab, pass it as "fred".

rats :-( How hard would it be to make it work like that though?

I wonder if that's not the root of the bug I reported?

I'm calling a python script with the context bound to, lets say, 'fred'.
I call the python script like this:

result = self.aq_acquire(variable_containing_name_of_PS)(a_dictionary)

...where self is an instance of my python product, and a_dictionary, is, well, a
dictionary that's aimed at the specified parameter of the python script.

HTH,

Chris