[Zope-dev] ZCatalog Lazy Results

Johan Carlsson johanc@torped.se
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 18:05:38 +0100

Hi,
I need to check an assumption I have made on the
ZCatalog Brains and Lazy Results from reading the source.

1. The Brains gets its schema from the ZCatalog and this
    schema is basicly fixed. E.g. a search result always has
    the attributes defined by the Meta Data in the ZCatalog?

I would rather be able to construct a Brain Schema at search time
equivalent to the way theSELECT statement sets up the result attributes
in SQL.=20
Example:=20
    resultset =3D =
Catalog.searchResults(query,schema=3D('id','title','keywords'))

2. The laziness of the ZCatalog search result means it's batched?

Regards,
Johan Carlsson

torped
johan carlsson