[Zope-dev] ZPatterns goes crazy after ZClass change

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 18:52:02 -0500

At 10:29 AM 2/21/01 +1100, Itai Tavor wrote:

>I think I've severely misunderstood how Racks work. I thought
>persistent Racks just store properties, and then use the ZClass set
>in the Storage tab to wrap that data when providing it. Which means
>that I can change the class set for storage and all the objects in
>the Rack will be provided as the new class. But if changing the
>storage class doesn't change the object provided by the Rack, it
>means the actual ZClass instance is stored. Is this right?

Yes... unless you use a Persistent External Attribute Provider, and set the
"load attribute" so that the rack is virtual.  The "store objects
persistently" option stores the actual ZClass instances.